HDPL Adult Book Club
If you’ve been looking to join a book club , look no further! New members are always welcome at the library’s monthly book club. We meet at 7:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month, September through June (no meeting in January). Books are chosen by club members. Call or visit the library to register.
Borrowing Book Club Sets
If you’re already part of a great book club, your group can take advantage of our shared book club sets. Here’s how the service works:
- Book club sets are all recently published titles and are a mix of fiction and non-fiction, adult and teen. Click here to see the current list of titles.
- The books are available in sets of 5 or 10 copies.
- Please submit requests at least five (5) weeks ahead of your club meeting date. We advise submitting alternate titles in case your first choice is not available.
- Book sets are shipped to Hazelton District Public Library and are checked out to one designated book club member.
- The loan period for book club sets is five weeks from the time they arrive at the library. The sooner you pick up your set the longer you will be able to keep it!
- Late returns will be subject to a return shipping fee of $2 per book in addition to regular library overdue fines.
- For more information, ask library staff.
Starting Your Own Book Club?
Visit the links below for information on how to get your own book club going:
- NoveList [library card needed]
Includes book reviews, read-alikes, author biographies and discussion questions.
- GoodReads Includes reader reviews, trivia, reading lists, etc. You can choose to sign up and share book lists.
- BookClubs.ca Focuses on Canadian titles and includes reading guides, information about author events, and books in the news.
An online book club that anyone can join.
- Oprah’s Book Club
Includes recommended book lists, author interviews and more.
Includes reviews, previews, stories behind the books, author interviews, reading guides, and more.
- Mostly, we eat!
A long-running book club that includes recommended reads and advice on starting a book club.