Our library may be small, but we strive to offer a balanced collection that is current and appealing to our patrons — this means that sometimes we must be choosy when it comes to accepting donations! Due to our limited space and small staff, please keep donations to no more than one bag or small box at a time.
If you wish to donate items to our collection, please ensure they meet the following criteria:
- in excellent condition;
- in a format that is currently part of our collection (i.e., book, map, CD, DVD, Blu-ray);
- recently published or a rare resource suitable for our Local History or Reference collections.
We do not accept the following:
- VHS videos;
- cassette tapes or record albums;
- items in languages other than English, French, or local First Nations languages;
- worn, damaged or mouldy books.
If we decide not to add your donation to our collection, it may instead be added to our ongoing book sale and proceeds put towards library programs and collection development.
The Hazelton District Public Library is a registered charity. Any size cash donation can always be put to good use! Tax receipts can be issued for amounts over $10.00.